Ronnie Dunbar Upholsterers (RDU) Limited are a well established, traditional upholsterer formally based in Queenstown, now in Christchurch, New Zealand.
We are a highly respected local business with our roots dating back to the 1980’s in Scotland, where the original company RDU (Scotland) Ltd was based. In 2008, Ronnie Dunbar, moved to New Zealand where the antipodean branch of the company was born and this locally owned and operated Kiwi business has gone from strength to strength ever since.
Our passion lies in upholstering, re-upholstering and creating stunning furniture and restoring beloved old pieces of furniture to its former glory. Our team of highly skilled upholsterers have extensive experience within the industry and are able to combine modern materials with traditional methods in order to create truly beautiful items of furniture.
Our specialist team like to work with our domestic customers and understand their requirements before creating an item to match their exact specification. We have decades of experience of working with traditional antique furniture, modern contemporary pieces as well as designing bespoke furniture to meet our customers’ requirements.
Our team have expertise across a diverse range of products but our specialties lie in:
- Upholstered Furniture
- Re-upholstering and Re-covering
- Antique Upholstery
- Bespoke Upholstery
- Upholstered Headboards
A small selection of our domestic clients
- Glimmer Fine Furniture Finishes and Repairs, Furniture Restoration Company, Queenstown, NZ
- The Hills Championship Golf Course, Arrowtown, NZ
- Tim Wilson, Artist, Queenstown, NZ
- Texco International, Furniture Co., Auckland, NZ
- Sue Nauman Design, Interior Designer, Queenstown, NZ
- Cassells Green, Interior Design, Queenstown, NZ
- Cavit & Co, Interior Design, Auckland and Queenstown, NZ